Munish K. Barin, a Seattle native, learned the value of compassion, integrity, and perseverance at an early age, despite a challenging childhood. Encouraged by early educators and others who treated him like a son, Munish graduated from Ballard High School and the University of Washington, majoring in Law, Societies, & Justice (LSJ) and Political Science.
After college, Munish attended Seattle University School of Law, where he actively participated in local and regional trial and appellate competitions. For exhibiting excellence and attaining high honor, Munish was selected to join the national trial advocacy honor society, Order of Barristers.
Throughout law school, Munish worked for a team of nationally recognized trial lawyers, who represent injured and mistreated individuals to hold accountable their perpetrators. Before graduating, Munish left for Fairbanks, Alaska, to broaden his trial experience. After that, Munish returned home to complete his law degree and join forces with his closest, most trusted friend to pursue his passion of fighting for victims of institutional and individual carelessness.
Some notable cases include:
- Confidential settlement for a family whose father died of severe blood loss while he was supposed be supervised by medical staff
- Confidential settlement for a woman who was attacked by a dog that chewed off part of the woman’s face
- Six-figure legal malpractice recovery against a lawyer who ignored a client’s personal injury case and tried to cover it up
- Six-figure settlement for a pedestrian who was hit by a car at a street crossing
Besides work, Munish volunteers at local non-profit organizations to help alleviate homelessness, combat bullying, and lend support to victims of domestic violence.
When he is not working or volunteering, Munish enjoys exercising, reading, and sharing his heart with his chosen family.
HONORS, AWARDS, & PUBLICATIONS
- “Credibility is Key & Voir Dire is a Two-Way Street,”
- Order of Barristers, National Order of Barristers, 2016
- Pro Bono Pledge Outstanding Service Award, Seattle University School of Law, 2015
PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATION MEMBERSHIPS
- Washington State Bar Association
- United States District Court for the Western District of Washington
- Washington State Association for Justice, EAGLE Member
- Seattle Plaintiff Attorneys’ Roundtable
- Washington State Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Emergency Feeding Program of Seattle & King County
- United Way of King County